Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Two more weeks until Mother Muse sequel moves forward

I currently have an end of the year deadline to submit the manuscript for contract consideration, so if you have any poignant, universal, powerful, uplifting (even in dealing with the negatives of motherhood) pieces you'd like to share for consideration, please send them my way. I am much less likely to work with contributors at this point (with the publisher's two-week deadline) on huge editorial matters (ie- glaring grammatical/sense issues), but if the message is poignant, universal, and applicable, I will consider any essays/ poetry/ stories you may wish to share. I am especially interested in the 'nontraditional' (foster, adoptive, alternative) motherhood experiences, but certainly would like to consider all fabulous pieces.

Please send up to five pieces within the body of an email to motherhood2009@yahoo.com. If I choose to use your work, I will make notes in a Word document with Track Changes on, and send it back to you for review.

Thank you very much, everyone, for your patience as we try to get this project published in the traditional channels before self-publishing. And thank you to those who have encouraged me to keep pushing in the tough world of publishing. This volume and its writers needs to be read!

May the mother muse continue to inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment