Sunday, September 27, 2009

Midnight Musings - rough poem/prose written between 12am and 2am this morning

clock ticks quickly
hours pass in near dark
moonlight musings
list making, business writing,
pondering of all the little things that keep getting pushed to the back burner
back burner's full, overflowing,
and now I sit, insomniac,
unable to unwind, decompress the day
Cheap Trick coverband's unfortunate set
unfortunately revolves in my ears as my lids weigh me down more
eight pages beside me on the couch
evidence of industry in midnight
though they're really just proof of
my mind's inconsideration for my body's sleep needs
clock keeps ticking,
another hour gone,
only five more hours till my alarm
what irony
cosmic revolution
get to bed
try again
Good Night, muse,
I really must bid you adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment